It’s the month of LOVE and I’m not mad at it! Bring on the pink hearts and box of chocolates, I say. If you ask me, you really can’t go wrong with chocolate for a V-Day gift (it’s a classic for a reason) and it’s hard to top these DIY painted chocolate bars! Who doesn’t love pretty packaging, right?!
This DIY would make a great valentine for the man or kiddos in your life. It’s playful and “handmade” without a ton of effort. So grab your favorite chocolate bars and get painting 🙂
— Acrylic paint
— Watercolor paper (or any thick paper)
— Glue stick
- On a thick piece of paper, paint an abstract pattern. It’s best to stick to a color palette of 3 or 4 colors to make it easy.
- Use thick and thin brushes, layer the colors and splatter paint to create a fun pattern. It doesn’t have to be perfect at this point.
- Once the paper is dry, use a chocolate bar wrapper as a template and trace it on your painted paper.
- With scissors, cut the paper down to size.
- Fold the edges of the paper around the foil wrapped chocolate bar and glue down the back flap to secure it.
You can paint these in so many color combinations and abstract patterns to create a one-of-a-kind artisan look. Seriously so easy and failproof.