Better late than never, amirite! For the past two months, I’ve done a lot of reflecting on how much this blog has grown since I started it (almost a year ago!) and how much more I want to accomplish this year. It’s hard not to wish that I could press fast forward through the struggles and get to the part where everything’s perfect all the time! I have no idea how my favorite bloggers do it but I have a theory that involves them having 10 Inspector Gadget style arms. I want to share my blog goals for 2016 mostly to remind myself because I have a terrible memory. But also because working towards a goal is fun and motivating on those crap days. A little reminder: There are no shortcuts to any place worth going – Beverley Sills.
Blog goals for 2016
- Launch my Etsy shop. I’ve been meaning to open an Etsy shop for years. Years! But I’ve never jumped in because it seemed so huge and scary. 2016 will be the year that I give it a shot and figure it out as I go!
- Treat Instagram like a real community. When I started using my Instagram account to promote my blog, I got way picky on the photos to share and started using it way less. It’s now one of my fave platforms because of the creativity and community of awesome IG people so I want to put more effort into posting on IG 3x a week.
- Get way better at photo styling. One of my favorite parts of blogging is surprisingly, taking photos! I’m not great on the technical side but the creative side of styling a shoot in my home is so much fun. I plan to buy more props and create a consistent style for the Fish & Bull brand.
- Create a blog media kit. I feel like I should have a media kit just in case. It’s a bit like a resume for your blog and resumes are always useful.
- Join link parties. I am not keen on going to a real party but a link party I can do. If you’re a blogger and you don’t know what a link party is, here’s everything you need to know. I think it’ll be fun to connect with new bloggers and readers.
- Be a vegetarian. Ok so this is a personal goal but it’s blog related because I want to share easy vegetarian recipes on the blog. I also want to keep myself accountable because it’s already so hard to change my meat eating ways and I’m just a month in!
Well those are the biggies. It’s sure to be a big year of changes but I’m pumped to see where life takes me. I hope you made goals for 2016 to guide you for an awesome year ahead.